|Tata Motors JLR Sales for April 2012 – A Big Disappointment
- JLR sales for the month of April 2012 came in at 25,143 units which is 29.4% YoY growth. But it is down 31% QoQ. In March Company sold 36,471 units.
- This sales number is a huge disappointment as it is 9% lower than the Sep 2011 sales figures of 27,639 units, which was the first month of Evoque launch.
- If we exclude Evoque sales figure of 8,300 units, sales are down by 13% YoY to 16,843 units in April 2012.
- China which account for 25% of the sales did well with wholesale volumes growing 150% YoY.
- US sales were a bit disappointing as retail volumes grew by 3% YoY.
- Jaguar sales grew 17% YoY to 3,603 units in April 2012. MoM it declined 33%.
- Land Rover sales grew 31.7% YoY to 21,540 units in April 2012. MoM it declined 31%.
- Chery Automobile Co. Ltd. has applied for government approval to establish a joint venture with Jaguar Land Rover in China. China requires environmental reviews before allowing automakers to build new assembly plants.